- A voice and vote on the NPU-N board. Zoning, licensing, and other city governmental matters are first presented for consideration through the Neighborhood Planning Unit process. L5PBA has long had a voting representative on NPU-N’s board, giving the Business Association the opportunity to hear from applicants and influence the NPU’s recommendations.
- A voice and vote on the newly formed L5P Alliance. This Alliance includes board members representing L5PBA, the L5P Community Improvement District, Candler Park Neighborhood Organization, and Inman Park Neighborhood Association. The Alliance will have greater capability to make plans and achieve accomplishments for Little Points and its immediately surrounding areas than would be possible without coordination between these organizations.
- A voice and advocate for L5P to Atlanta City Council and city government. On other matters or issues affecting L5P, the business association serves as a conduit for expressing concerns to and gathering information from our city council person and Atlanta city government.
L5P Police Mini-Precinct. Since July 1999, the business association has leased a small space (originally fronting Davis Plaza, now on Findley Plaza) and provided it for use as a mini-precinct by the Atlanta Police Department. It is now ably staffed 40 hours per week.
- Late night weekend off-duty police patrol. Since June 2015, funded by generous monthly donations from a dozen local businesses and landlords, L5PBA has coordinated the paid services of off-duty, uniformed police to conduct foot patrol of the sidewalks and back parking lots of the Moreland and Euclid corridors of the Little 5 Points business district. The night-time economy of restaurants, bars, theaters, and music venues is a vital part of L5P, and our customers should be safe walking home or to their parked vehicles after a night out.
Your support as a member of the L5P Business Association is vital to help the continued growth of the neighborhood.
- L5P Halloween Festival & Parade. Every October, we put on the best Halloween Festival in the Southeast, drawing a large crowd and introducing thousands of visitors to L5P, many of whom will return later as customers of our shopping, dining, and entertainment offerings.